Monday, August 20, 2012

Speech-Being Dennis the Menace for a day. C.S

Dennis the Menace for a Day

Have you ever watched your cat stretch out, fast asleep in the sunshine and thought to yourself, “It’s a cats life”.
I have, that’s why my speech is about swapping places with my cat Dennis the Menace for a day.  
The first reason I want to be my cat Dennis the Menace for a day is, I wouldn’t have to work too hard.  I could sleep 16 to 18 hours per day so I can keep my stress levels down.
I wouldn’t have to get a job to get money because humans give cats homes and food.
I also wouldn’t have to do homework and go to school.
If no one gave me food to eat, my natural instincts would kick in, I could catch birds, lizards, fish and bugs to eat every now and then.
Another reason why I want to swop places with Dennis the Menace is, he has fantastic balance, agility and athletic skills.
Cats can jump 5 X their height.  My cat can jump from our outdoor table to the roof with expertise.
I could climb up a tree so I could see prey. My cat jumps into my tree house to watch birds and mice.
Cats can survive falling from high places.  I could run40 KM in short distances, that is great to catch prey.
In long distances cats can run 30km, I could get away from a dog if a dog got off its lead.
Another reason I want to swop places with Dennis the Menace is, he can see in the dark.
Cats can see in light 6 X darker than humans.
They can go to the toilet in the dark without turning on the light and saving electricity, or if they are hungry they can hunt for a mouse in the night, or a bird, a lizard, a fish or a bug.
If I mistakably woke a dog in the night the dog wouldn’t even see me.
I think being my cat Dennis the Menace for a day will be the best day of my life.

No comments: