Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Marae and Sonshine Ranch Experience!

Last week on Monday and Tuesday the year 5's went to Papakura Marae and
Sonshine Ranch. At the Marae we did heaps of cool things such as... poi,stick games,maori bread, zumba and much more! But the highlight for me was the weaving. We made a flower and I was shocked that I was really good at it! I'm English and my weaving was fantastic! All the skits went well and when we woke up in the morning the bus was half an hour late to pick us up to go to Sonshine Ranch. But it finally did and picked us up to go.

On the way I recognised afew things since I go to Sonshine Ranch anyway for horseriding lessons. At Sonshine Ranch we did lots of exciting things like... small animals,horseriding and water confidence course. But the best part of all was the flying fox and rope swing. At first your'e compleatly terrifed, scared out of your socks! But then you soon get used to it and you get a magical sensation of flying it's pretty cool!!!

Finally the bus came to pick us up and took us back to school. It was a tiring yet fun trip! I can't wait to do it agian but this time at Kawau island, and for five days, really exciting!!!

No comments: