Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Year 5 Camp 2012

Hi everyone, we're back!
The excitement of our year 5 camp has come to a conclusion and now we have terrific memories.
It was a new experience for me as well because I have never slept on a marae before. I felt happy knowing that the ancestors hanging on the wall were looking out for us. Some of them looked pretty fearful and would scare away anything untoward.
Sonshine Ranch was full of fun and excitement for the students. The horse riding is always a well-loved activity although I think the toileting habits of horses created too much loud squealing and joviality.....I did hear 'grosse' a few times.
I am glad I didn't have to try out the cold,muddy water at the confidence course, some stirred the mud up quite well with their antics.
Again it was a successful trip with the students giving things a go and reaching beyond their comfort zones. The persistence and determination I witnessed was amazing.

Mrs F

No comments: